Voted #8 in Hot Docs 2013 Netflix Audience Poll
It’s North America’s largest documentary festival, with 204 films screened and a record-breaking attendance of 180,000 this year.
And Menstrual Man made #8 on the audience’s list. In fact, we were the only non-North American/non-UK film in the Top 10:
- MUSCLE SHOALS (D: Greg “Freddy” Camalier, USA)
- BLOOD BROTHER (D: Steve Hoover, USA)
- A WHOLE LOTT MORE (D: Victor Buhler, UK)
- THE PUNK SINGER (D: Sini Anderson, USA)
- LAST WOMAN STANDING (D: Lorraine Price, Juliet Lammers; Canada)
- SPRING & ARNAUD (D: Katherine Knight, Marcia Connolly; Canada)
- THIS AIN’T NO MOUSE MUSIC! (D: Chris Simon, Maureen Gosling, USA)
- MENSTRUAL MAN (D: Amit Virmani, Singapore, India)
- THE CRASH REEL (D: Lucy Walker, USA)
- THE GHOSTS IN OUR MACHINE (D: Liz Marshall, Canada)
I’m humbled that our little film was embraced by Hot Docs’ sophisticated, doc-loving audience. And honored to be included in a lineup up of such remarkable films, each by a filmmaker far more accomplished than I am.